The Box Of Random String
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Box Of Random String

A forum for nerds/geeks/dorks/Dorkface McSpazatrons/whatever you are to talk and be awesomely random.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Charli
Fire Breathing Rubber Ducky of Awesomness
Charli

Number of posts : 667
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Avatar: The Last Airbender Empty
PostSubject: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender Icon_minitime6/18/2008, 5:24 pm

Who likes the show? Who doesn't? Why? What's your favorite bending style? Why? Who's your favorite character/pairing? Why?

Confession time: I have an ulterior motive for making this thread. If the key to firebending is your breath, and the key to earthbending is stubbornness, and the key to waterbending is shifting your weight through the stances, then what is the key to airbending? I've never heard it mentioned on the show, because Aang can already airbend, but I need to know for another site.
Back to top Go down
Stuff
Nefnee's New BFF
Stuff

Number of posts : 1532
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender Icon_minitime6/22/2008, 7:15 pm

I LOVE THAT SHOW!!!
But haven't seen it for awhile cause of schoolwork then and not being able to catch up yet.
But I loved it! And all of the types of bending! And Aang should learn all the extra stuff like blood bending, sand bending, metal bending, that lightning thing...
Back to top Go down
Charli
Charli

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender Icon_minitime6/24/2008, 10:21 pm

I personally love the firebending (and I will admit that I've had moments where I've wanted to learn Kung Fu just to try to fire bend).
Back to top Go down
Stuff
Nefnee's New BFF
Stuff

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender Icon_minitime6/26/2008, 9:21 pm

Yes
Totally
Ditto
Back to top Go down
Kevinin
The awesome kinda nerd
Kevinin

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-06-28

PostSubject: TOPH ALL THE WAY   Avatar: The Last Airbender Icon_minitime7/5/2008, 8:34 pm

My fav bender is TOPH "THE GREATEST EARTH BENDER EVER"!!!!
Um i like earth bending and water bending even though its my opposite element.

ROCK LIKE!!
Back to top Go down
Charli
Charli

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender Icon_minitime7/13/2008, 9:55 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zltbcBlDtPg
Back to top Go down
Charli
Charli

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender Icon_minitime7/14/2008, 8:51 pm

(Yes, I'm breaking a rule. *smacks my hand* Better?) No one's answered the question I actually made this thread for.
Back to top Go down
Stuff
Nefnee's New BFF
Stuff

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender Icon_minitime7/15/2008, 9:35 am

I Googled it... I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Charli
Charli

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender Icon_minitime7/19/2008, 9:04 pm

does anyone know Zuko's birthday/birth year? birth year not so much, but I'm trying to make a name for my fanfic character and I want her to be cosmically compatible (or not. more drama!) with Zuko.

And I just decided that I don't care. My character, Zhen (true), will be an Aquarius, and Zuko will be a Scorpio. The signs make for a very Elizabeth Bennet/Fitzwilliam Darcy effect for you Jane Austen fans. (Anybody? No? Just me?)
Back to top Go down
Stuff
Nefnee's New BFF
Stuff

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender Icon_minitime7/20/2008, 6:38 pm

I'm a Scorpio!!!

Ahem sorry...

What's with the Avatar movie?! It was on when I was surfing the channels but I turned it off 'cause I'm still not catched up. I DIDN'T KNOW IT EVEN CAME OUT! Is Avatar over? Sad Please, no.
Back to top Go down
Kevinin
The awesome kinda nerd
Kevinin

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender Icon_minitime7/21/2008, 1:03 pm

Hey Nefnee catch up on the series @
Back to top Go down
Kevinin
The awesome kinda nerd
Kevinin

PostSubject: Key to air Bending   Avatar: The Last Airbender Icon_minitime7/21/2008, 1:07 pm

Oh hey i know the key to air bending!!!!!!!!!
The Key is to move constantly, flowing like air in constant movement
Back to top Go down
Stuff
Nefnee's New BFF
Stuff

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender Icon_minitime7/21/2008, 1:14 pm

Rule nine, Kevinin. (And Charli)
Back to top Go down
Charli
Charli

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender Icon_minitime7/26/2008, 6:38 pm

I know the rule. I smacked my hand and then used the edit button the next time I had to double post. Yes, the series is over. The movie ends with the "camera" moving away from Aang and Katara eating each other's faces and the shows the words "The End". It's very sad, but I'm continuing the series with my fanfic. I don't like the Zuko x Mai pairing that they have at the end. AND WHAT HAPPENED TO ZUKO'S MOTHER?! He goes to visit his father in jail and asks him where she is, but I he doesn't say and I don't think they show Zuko's mother at the end. They were blatantly hinting (does that even work?) that she was alive on the Day of Black Sun.
Back to top Go down
Stuff
Nefnee's New BFF
Stuff

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender Icon_minitime7/27/2008, 10:19 pm

You should've said "WARNING: SPOILER" at the beginning. That way I could go into the next room and scream LALALALA like I did watching the interview with JK Rowling. Hermione Reading
Back to top Go down
Charli
Charli

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender Icon_minitime7/28/2008, 1:08 pm

Heh, my apologies. I always ignore those warnings, so it never really occurs to me to write them.
Back to top Go down
L
Someone with some free time...
L

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender Icon_minitime7/29/2008, 5:53 pm

ok I have a question how can the fire guys be winning the war if there are water guys shouldn't the water people beat the fire people? (I know it already ended but still)
Back to top Go down
Charli
Charli

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender Icon_minitime7/29/2008, 6:12 pm

The fighting was mostly in the Earth Kingdom, the Southern Water Tribe didn't have any Waterbenders, and when the Fire Nation attacked the Northern Water Tribe, they took away the fighters' Waterbending.
Back to top Go down
L
L

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender Icon_minitime7/29/2008, 6:22 pm

But the fire people attacked one of the water tribes and took all the water benders I'm trying to figure out if they were retarted or just plane stupid.
Back to top Go down
Charli
Charli

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender Icon_minitime7/29/2008, 6:43 pm

Well, considering that it worked and they did get all the Waterbenders...

Hey, does anyone know the name of Iroh's tea shop in Ba Sing Se?

Last edited by Charli on 7/29/2008, 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : avoidance of double posting)
Back to top Go down
Kevinin
The awesome kinda nerd
Kevinin

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender Icon_minitime8/9/2008, 8:32 pm

I think its The Jasmine Dragon
Back to top Go down
Charli
Charli

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender Icon_minitime8/9/2008, 9:32 pm

I thought so. Excellent. Now, it won't be some little nameless place that I have to come up with a million synonyms for in my fanfic. (First chapter here: http://oceans-grace.deviantart.com/art/Homewrecker-ch-1-92216510)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender   Avatar: The Last Airbender Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1