The Box Of Random String
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Box Of Random String

A forum for nerds/geeks/dorks/Dorkface McSpazatrons/whatever you are to talk and be awesomely random.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

God Dammit (short story)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Charli
Fire Breathing Rubber Ducky of Awesomness
Charli

Number of posts : 667
Registration date : 2008-06-12

God Dammit (short story) Empty
PostSubject: God Dammit (short story)   God Dammit (short story) Icon_minitime11/18/2008, 10:55 pm

The lunch line was boring and slow. That was the only way to describe it.
Tapping her heel to the music in her head, Charli crossed her arms and sang softly to herself to pass the time. "I wanna go where the mountains are high enough to echo my song. I wanna go where the rivers run deep enough to drown my shame. I wanna go where the stars shine bright enough to show me the way. I wanna go where the wind calls my name. Wind is calling 'India, India, India'."
She nearly jumped out of her skin, though, when the boy standing very still in front of her turned his head to the side, far enough to see her out of the corner of his eye. How could she not have recognized him before? She should have noticed his steady stance - arms crossed over his chest and feet slightly spread - immediately. This was her current crush, a year younger than her and a player on the varsity football team, Dave.
Ordinarily, Charli would have frozen at the prospect of being really noticed by her crush, but her high school career had taught her to seize the day, to be confident and true. So she sang on, not any louder or softer, but a different tune. "Any way you want it, that's the way you need it, any way you want it. She loves to laugh. She loves to sing. She does everything. She loves to move. She loves to groove. She loves the loving things. Long night all night, oh, every night. So hold tight. Hold tight. Ooh, baby, hold tight. She said any way you want it, that's the way you need it, any way you want it. She said any way you want it, that's the way you need it, any way you want it."
Out of the corner of her eye, Charli could see him still watching her. She tossed her hair as they moved forward - finally - and continued singing, trying to seem like she didn't notice him. After all, she was still skittish about guys and crushes despite her resolve to be more outgoing. "Just a small town girl living in a lonely world. She took the midnight train going anywhere. Just a city boy born and raised in south Detroit. He took the midnight train going anywhere. Don't stop believing. Hold on to that feeling. Streetlights, people, oh. Don't stop."
Still he didn't move. Charli didn't know if she should be intimidated by his quiet stillness (it was actually very hot as he was a good two heads taller than her) or impressed with herself that she had held his attention for that long. The line moved again, but as Charli moved into the chute marked by metal poles that were supposed to maintain a quickly moving single-file line, three other students shoved their way past her, shoving her into the bar painfully and then parking themselves in the line to chat.
Dave looked over them at her briefly before turning away to get his food and continue on his way. And wasn't that just perfect. Charli had never gotten any more angry with the many students who had cut in line in front of her than to the point of scoffing or stomping her foot impatiently. But now... Now, with Dave walking away and Charli three people further away from getting the food she desperately needed, she cut loose. "What's you're problem?" she snarled at the girl who had shoved her. "If you're going to cut in line, then you could at least keep moving so that the rest of us can get our food!"
The kids were not impressed and laughed, only igniting Charli further. "No! I'm sick of people cutting in front of me! Get your food, and get out of my way!"
Still laughing, they did get their food, and they did get out of Charli's way, but the damage was already done.
Back to top Go down
AzurEmerald
Lari's New BFF XD

Number of posts : 794
Location : Waiting to take the burden off. It's always better to share things with another.
Registration date : 2008-10-03

PostSubject: Re: God Dammit (short story)   God Dammit (short story) Icon_minitime11/19/2008, 12:56 am

It was pretty good.

Are you going to write more?
---
<em>AzurEmerald</em>- Oh my gosh, I should have done it......
Back to top Go down
Stuff
Nefnee's New BFF
Stuff

Number of posts : 1532
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: God Dammit (short story)   God Dammit (short story) Icon_minitime11/19/2008, 10:50 am

Wow, Charli. Is that why you were so pissed? Dumb people...
Back to top Go down
Charli
Fire Breathing Rubber Ducky of Awesomness
Charli

Number of posts : 667
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: God Dammit (short story)   God Dammit (short story) Icon_minitime11/19/2008, 8:09 pm

Emerald, I'll write more if it happens again, and it shouldn't. *cracks knuckles*
Back to top Go down
Yeti
Bearer of the Garnet Rod
Yeti

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: God Dammit (short story)   God Dammit (short story) Icon_minitime11/24/2008, 10:45 pm

it shouldn't.. but it probably will happen, know our school.
Back to top Go down
Stuff
Nefnee's New BFF
Stuff

Number of posts : 1532
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: God Dammit (short story)   God Dammit (short story) Icon_minitime11/26/2008, 1:05 pm

That's why I wait until the last possible moment to get in line, cause if I don't, I'm last anyway and I'm just waiting there for 20 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: God Dammit (short story)   God Dammit (short story) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

God Dammit (short story)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Box Of Random String :: Nerd/Geek Culture :: Projects-
Jump to: