The Box Of Random String
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Box Of Random String

A forum for nerds/geeks/dorks/Dorkface McSpazatrons/whatever you are to talk and be awesomely random.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ask Kevinin

Go down 
+3
Charli
thecurlyone
Kevinin
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kevinin
The awesome kinda nerd
Kevinin

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Ask Kevinin Empty
PostSubject: Ask Kevinin   Ask Kevinin Icon_minitime9/22/2008, 4:33 pm

Ok... so Lari has given me permission to create an "Ask Kevinin" part to the forum.

So basicaly if you seek advice ask me and I will do my best to answer it. Coffee

Some Basic Rules if you want advice...
1. Don't use people's real names Make Up A Name For Them
2. Don't Swear Evil or Very Mad
3. We don't want several people giveing advice, that might confuse people, so let me answer it, if you really want to give advice PM me before posting and wait for me to give the OK before you Post Advice. Hedwig & Pigwidgeon
4. BE SERIOUS drunken
5. Follow All Nerds and Geeks Rules... I mean All of them... No really I do...
6. Only I can double post

If You Want to Be Anonymous then pm me and i will answer you on the forum.

Heres how it works.

Someperson Needing Advice: "I like this girl, and I dont know how to tell her how I feel, what should I do?

Me (On the Next Post): Here is what you should do..........I give my advice..........

HAVE A GOOD TIME GETTING ADVICE

Last edited by Kevinin on 9/25/2008, 6:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
thecurlyone
Wow...you've actually made it this far... -gives you a cookie-
Wow...you've actually made it this far... -gives you a cookie-
thecurlyone

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Ask Kevinin Empty
PostSubject: My little problem   Ask Kevinin Icon_minitime9/24/2008, 3:55 pm

Dear Kevin
Theres this really nerdy asain guy in my French class and he thinks he's really cool but he's not, how do I tell him?
Back to top Go down
Kevinin
The awesome kinda nerd
Kevinin

Ask Kevinin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Kevinin   Ask Kevinin Icon_minitime9/24/2008, 8:48 pm

.... YOU FAIL AT LIFE .... (In side Joke)
Back to top Go down
Charli
Fire Breathing Rubber Ducky of Awesomness
Charli

Number of posts : 667
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Ask Kevinin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Kevinin   Ask Kevinin Icon_minitime9/24/2008, 9:40 pm

Dear Kevinin,
My friends always expect me to be strong, solid, and unperturbed no matter what happens, and I usually am. Sometimes, though, I just need to curl up and cry, but often, it's for the same reasons my friends need me to be strong. How do I deal with it when my friends need a smile from me, but I need a hug and a shoulder to cry on from the rest of the world?
Back to top Go down
Kevinin
The awesome kinda nerd
Kevinin

Ask Kevinin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Kevinin   Ask Kevinin Icon_minitime9/25/2008, 5:06 pm

Dear Charlie,
Everyone needs to cry sometimes. your friends need to understand that a friendship consists of give and take on both sides. Sometimes you are going to be there for your friends and sometimes they need to be there for you.
Maybe you can help support each other.

~Kevinin

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dear Kevinin,

There's this guy that's one of my guy friends,and he likes me. I have tried repeatedly to spurn his advances, but he seems unfazed by my rebuttals. I do not like him in that way, we're just buddies, but I am afraid to hurt his feelings, or our friendship getting awkward. What can I do? It's like in POTO- my friend is my Phantom, but I've already found my Raoul, and I probably would have dated my friend if it were not for my current beau. WHAT DO I DO? I'm really confused and torn between being a bitch to him and just crossing the dark side and going out with him so he stops hitting on me.
Please reply promptly.
Signed, Torn

Dear Torn,
Relationships are a complicated thing, Somtimes what you think is right is not right and somethimes what you don't want might be what should be done. If you give your friend the chance then maby you can see that he is right for you and your "Raoul" isn't, or the other way around. In the end you should be able to tell who is right for you and who should just be friends with. Suprising things can happen if you give the chance for it to happen.
~Kevinin

Last edited by Kevinin on 9/26/2008, 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Charli
Charli

Ask Kevinin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Kevinin   Ask Kevinin Icon_minitime9/25/2008, 8:16 pm

Dear Kevinin,
The mother of a friend of mine suddenly died recently. I'm debilitatingly heartbroken over it but also feeling extremely guilty because I barely knew her and when my grandfather died a few years ago, I had to actually work to be sad. I feel so twisted and have no idea of what to do.
Back to top Go down
Kevinin
The awesome kinda nerd
Kevinin

Ask Kevinin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Kevinin   Ask Kevinin Icon_minitime9/25/2008, 10:49 pm

Dear Charli,
If this is the mother of the same person I know then I have feel the same way about the situation. It is alright if you don't feel sad, as long as you can provide emotional support for that person in their time of need. Now for the part about your grandfather, the reason you had to work to be sad is because you were probably still shocked over the whole situation. I know when my Grandfather died a few years ago I couldn't feel sad for the longest time because the shock of the event was (for a lack of better words) overpowering.
In all what you should do is be able to provide moral support for your friend, you don't have to be sad to be sympathetic.
~Kevinin
Back to top Go down
Kevinin
The awesome kinda nerd
Kevinin

Ask Kevinin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Kevinin   Ask Kevinin Icon_minitime9/26/2008, 5:17 pm

Dear Kevinin,
I dont know what to do about the girl I like, I mean she is really nice and an awsome person to be with and I have been her friend for a long time. I spend a lot of time with her, I mean seriously I learned a whole new insturment from her just so that I could be with her (and leave my section the next year). Part of me wants to ask her out, but the other part of me dosn't want to ruin the relationship as friends. Please help!

~ Emotionaly Confused

Dear Emotional,
If you really like her, and judging by the vibes i can feel in your post you really do, then just ask her out. Nothing can be gained by not doing anything and if you don't someone else will endup with her and you will be even more emotionaly confused and torn. If you to are really good friends then, if she says No, you would still be able to be friends after the akwardness between you is gone. This is entirely your call, do what your feelings are strongly telling you to do.

~Kevinin
Back to top Go down
Charli
Charli

Ask Kevinin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Kevinin   Ask Kevinin Icon_minitime9/26/2008, 5:42 pm

Did you really just write in to your own advice column, Kevinin? That's a lawl.
Back to top Go down
Kevinin
The awesome kinda nerd
Kevinin

Ask Kevinin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Kevinin   Ask Kevinin Icon_minitime9/26/2008, 9:25 pm

NO! I didn't, I was suprised that a random friend of mine asked me that question, so, I thought it would be a good idea to post my answer.
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Admin
Alice Cullen

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Ask Kevinin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Kevinin   Ask Kevinin Icon_minitime9/27/2008, 12:38 pm

...You went all Yoda on me in my letter! XD And no, I definitely think the Phantom's all wrong for me. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://thevolturitoldmeto.twilight-vampire.com/forum.htm
Charli
Charli

Ask Kevinin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Kevinin   Ask Kevinin Icon_minitime9/27/2008, 4:56 pm

Dear Kevinin,
(Since my forum game was a phailure) I've known this guy from my ROTC class for about a year now. We never really talked last year in NS2, but this year the guy has been paying a lot more attention to me than before. He's started conversations for the sake of talking, been shooting glances in my direction, and being randomly physical (poking me in the side or high-fiving me for even the smallest accomplishment). To throw an extra twist into the mix, he's my squad leader. He sometimes says weird things during inspection like, "You're looking really good today," before he even starts inspecting me, or, "I'm really liking the haircut!" (For the record, he is one of two guys - out of a hundred some that I know - who has said anything other than, "You're hair is gone!" about my haircut.) I'm slightly weirded out by the sudden change in him and I don't know how to interpret it. So, what's the verdict? What kind of vibe am I getting from him?
Back to top Go down
Stuff
Nefnee's New BFF
Stuff

Number of posts : 1532
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Ask Kevinin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Kevinin   Ask Kevinin Icon_minitime9/27/2008, 8:53 pm

Dear Kevinin,

If there wasn't a three words minimum rule, I would just say, "..."

Lately I have been depressed. Not like the -sigh- but more like the "WHY?" and -cry-
Nobody seems to understand and the rents just seem to connect it to being a teen. I always try to connect it to my creative side, by singing and writing music and poetry. The songs and poems always come out similar, even if I try to write a cheery one; it has the same topic. A good thing came out of this experience, though. My singing improved drastically in the last few months. This is being said not just for advice, but also to let my friends know. There is no question to this question, just a plead.

~Nefnee
Back to top Go down
Charli
Charli

Ask Kevinin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Kevinin   Ask Kevinin Icon_minitime9/27/2008, 10:07 pm

Aw, Nefnee, I'm sorry. *hugs you*
Back to top Go down
Stuff
Nefnee's New BFF
Stuff

Number of posts : 1532
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Ask Kevinin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Kevinin   Ask Kevinin Icon_minitime9/27/2008, 10:53 pm

Aw, ^.^ I feel loved!
Back to top Go down
Kevinin
The awesome kinda nerd
Kevinin

Ask Kevinin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Kevinin   Ask Kevinin Icon_minitime9/28/2008, 9:51 am

Charli wrote:
Dear Kevinin,
(Since my forum game was a phailure) I've known this guy from my ROTC class for about a year now. We never really talked last year in NS2, but this year the guy has been paying a lot more attention to me than before. He's started conversations for the sake of talking, been shooting glances in my direction, and being randomly physical (poking me in the side or high-fiving me for even the smallest accomplishment). To throw an extra twist into the mix, he's my squad leader. He sometimes says weird things during inspection like, "You're looking really good today," before he even starts inspecting me, or, "I'm really liking the haircut!" (For the record, he is one of two guys - out of a hundred some that I know - who has said anything other than, "You're hair is gone!" about my haircut.) I'm slightly weirded out by the sudden change in him and I don't know how to interpret it. So, what's the verdict? What kind of vibe am I getting from him?

Dear Charli,
Im thinking that this person saw in you somthing no one else has seemed to like about you, or if all this happened after you got your hair cut then I think this person is being a compleat jerk by liking you only for yor looks (for the record I like your hair cut to)
Either way if he ends up asking you out you should give him the chance

~Kevinin
Back to top Go down
Kevinin
The awesome kinda nerd
Kevinin

Ask Kevinin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Kevinin   Ask Kevinin Icon_minitime9/28/2008, 10:00 am

Nefnee wrote:
Dear Kevinin,

If there wasn't a three words minimum rule, I would just say, "..."

Lately I have been depressed. Not like the -sigh- but more like the "WHY?" and -cry-
Nobody seems to understand and the rents just seem to connect it to being a teen. I always try to connect it to my creative side, by singing and writing music and poetry. The songs and poems always come out similar, even if I try to write a cheery one; it has the same topic. A good thing came out of this experience, though. My singing improved drastically in the last few months. This is being said not just for advice, but also to let my friends know. There is no question to this question, just a plead.

~Nefnee

Aww... Im sorry... if I could give you better advice than this then I would, but here is my advice;

Talk to people, not parents, talk to your friends about it. talking to people often makes you feel better. I am "almost" always avalible to talk to. So talk to your friends out side of the forum and inside the forum. you can always PM me to get better advice to any specific question.
Back to top Go down
Charli
Charli

Ask Kevinin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Kevinin   Ask Kevinin Icon_minitime9/28/2008, 4:31 pm

Dear Kevinin,
Because this forum is on the verge of being renamed "Emo Central", I have to ask. Why is that the only underwear I can find at Victoria's Secret is granny panties, but when I go to Old Navy, the only underwear they have there are lacy thongs?

P.S. I've been getting the attention from the guy since before I cut my hair.
Back to top Go down
Kevinin
The awesome kinda nerd
Kevinin

Ask Kevinin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Kevinin   Ask Kevinin Icon_minitime9/28/2008, 5:25 pm

Dear Charli,

Please only post seriouse questions. Also seeing as i dont buy "those" or go to those places then I cant answer why.
Back to top Go down
Yeti
Bearer of the Garnet Rod
Yeti

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Ask Kevinin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Kevinin   Ask Kevinin Icon_minitime10/3/2008, 8:54 pm

Dear Kevinin,

What should you do if you believe that a friend of yours has parents who you believe are overly unfair to their brother. LIke giving the brother expensive-ish things but when it comes time to something simple and only able to get it once they say that they are tight budget. Not to mention the fact they are trying to restrict this friend to do activities outside of school, but still related to school. What should you do or even tell this friend?
Back to top Go down
Kevinin
The awesome kinda nerd
Kevinin

Ask Kevinin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Kevinin   Ask Kevinin Icon_minitime10/10/2008, 10:53 pm

TO ALL I AM SORRY I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO REPLY TO YOUR QUESTIONS, I HAVE BEEN REALY BUISY AND MY COMPUTER RECENTLY HAD A VIRUS.

Yeti wrote:
Dear Kevinin,

What should you do if you believe that a friend of yours has parents who you believe are overly unfair to their brother. LIke giving the brother expensive-ish things but when it comes time to something simple and only able to get it once they say that they are tight budget. Not to mention the fact they are trying to restrict this friend to do activities outside of school, but still related to school. What should you do or even tell this friend?

Dear Yeti,
Your friend should try explaining the unfairness to the parents and show respect to the parents actions... I know this isn't good advice... parents can be unfair... but as the Ancient Chinese Philosopher Confucius said "Respect ones honor and ones family"... Other than that, this isn't really a topic I am all to great in... Sorry for any inconvinience...

~Kevinin
Back to top Go down
Kevinin
The awesome kinda nerd
Kevinin

Ask Kevinin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Kevinin   Ask Kevinin Icon_minitime10/10/2008, 11:08 pm

Now Seeing as I can't exactaly give myself good advice, Could some one help me with my problem?

I currently have huge emotional confusion over who I realy like and who is really the right person to ask...

1. A softmore girl who I have known forever and are good frends with and have the same likes, dispite our differences...

2. A freshman girl who dosn't go to our school, who is really quiet (no I mean REALLY quiet, as in talks to no one exept her close friends... and sometimes me), pritty, and I taught how to Orienteer while she had fun orienteering (and she wont admit that she had fun)...(Yeti and Charli should know what Orienteering is)

3. A freshman girl who I am good friends, have the simmilar likes, rides my bus, and is in Full Orchestra with me.

God my Emotions are so screwed up I really wish I could get help on this situation....

Wow I must be really lame if I am trying to give advice to people and I cant solve my own problems... the again the advice i give is from a Neutral point of view and my emotions prevent a neutral perception... >Huh... Oh I was talking out loud again< ...walks away...

Last edited by Kevinin on 10/11/2008, 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AzurEmerald
Lari's New BFF XD

Number of posts : 794
Location : Waiting to take the burden off. It's always better to share things with another.
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Ask Kevinin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Kevinin   Ask Kevinin Icon_minitime10/10/2008, 11:52 pm

Dear Kevinin:

1. What kind of virus did you have?
2. How are you?
3. Why are you going to the competition?
4. I feel like my friends are drifting apart for me. No matter what I try and do, they seem to go their own way. I try to insert myself in activities, but Karma always seems to do me wrong.

What do you recommend, Dr. Kevinininininininininininin?
-*-*-*-*-*----
<em>AzurEmerald</em>- We're talking about tri-sexuals and dictionaries

Ok, then. Which one do you find yourself thinking about more?

Which one seems the most interesting to you?

Who would you be able to talk to the most?

It doesn't matter if your friends make fun of you for dating a 9th grader. They're great people too.

I just have to say one thing, to everyone here.

Dating isn't only for couples and fiancees. It means that you're getting to know the other person and spending time with them.

Just choose who you feel best with.
-*-*-*-
<em>ShadowPendant</em>- Advice provided by: Never Had a Date Incorporated!
Back to top Go down
Kevinin
The awesome kinda nerd
Kevinin

Ask Kevinin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Kevinin   Ask Kevinin Icon_minitime10/11/2008, 9:45 am

Ummm...
1. I don't Know.

2. See Above.

3. What?

4. What exactaly are you doing that could possibaly make people drift away from you? If you arn't Acting like youself then you should act like youself, and if you can find no reason for your friends leaving you then they probably wern't true friends and you should try finding new friends.

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................
~ Right Now 3.
~ All of them
~ 1 or 3... probably 3 because 1 owns my soul....(I WANT IT BACK)
Back to top Go down
AzurEmerald
Lari's New BFF XD

Number of posts : 794
Location : Waiting to take the burden off. It's always better to share things with another.
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Ask Kevinin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Kevinin   Ask Kevinin Icon_minitime10/11/2008, 12:58 pm

Okay, then.

It looks like you should start getting closer to 3.

You've been thinking of her the most, she's readily accessible, 1 seems like a creep [no offense if it's anyone here], and it wouldn't be worthwile to pursue a long-distance relationship.
-*-*-*-**-
<em>AzurEmerald</em>- Thank you for calling the Azure hotline. That will be 500 rupees, young Link.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ask Kevinin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ask Kevinin   Ask Kevinin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ask Kevinin
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Box Of Random String :: Life :: Life-
Jump to: