The Box Of Random String
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Box Of Random String

A forum for nerds/geeks/dorks/Dorkface McSpazatrons/whatever you are to talk and be awesomely random.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokemon CYOA: Saffron Beginnings

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AzurEmerald
Lari's New BFF XD

Number of posts : 794
Location : Waiting to take the burden off. It's always better to share things with another.
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Pokemon CYOA: Saffron Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon CYOA: Saffron Beginnings   Pokemon CYOA: Saffron Beginnings Icon_minitime12/30/2008, 1:20 am

Aera is a sixteen year old girl who lives in Saffron City. Her mother works as a radio announcer in Goldenrod City and her father works for the Gym Leaders Administration. Her parents had staunchly refused to give her her own pokemon until today, instead preferring to let her play with their own.

"Aera, wake up! You have to get ready. Your father and I are about to leave!"

Aera sat up on her bed and started shaking the crust from her eyes. She went to the bathroom and got herself ready. She went down the stairs and sat down at the table. Her mother and father sat down on each side of her.

"Sweetie, you're sixteen now, and we think that you're old enough to finally raise your own pokemon."

Let's disregard the fact that most kids get theirs when they turn ten or eleven.

Aera smiled. "It's about time."

Her mother stated, "Yes. We think that you're finally old enough to go out and take care of yourself."

"You've played and trained with our pokemon for years. You've learned pretty much all you can learn with them. It's time that you went out and experienced things for yourself.", her father said.

"Great. Now, where am I getting this pokemon from? Proffesor Oak?"

"You can either go with me on the Magnet Train and we'll go to New Bark together..."

"...or I'll take you with me to Pallet. It's your choice.", her father finished.

Aera's grin widened, thinking of all the possibilities.

"We also got you these." Her mother took a package out of her briefcase and her father took a similarly sized package out of his pockets. "Open them."

When Aera tore them open, she saw a fresh new Pokegear and a Pokedex. "A Pokedex? I thought that only the Professors could give these out."

"Usually, but I pulled some strings with the Gym Leader's Association. I've been working for them for a few years and a few people there owe me some favors.", her dad responded. "The pokegear is brand new. Your mother and I have already put in our numbers. We also raised together 5000 credits for you to use."

"Now, Aera.", her mother said, "Where do you want to get your pokemon from?"

A. Go with her father to Pallet Town.
B. Go with her mother to New Bark Town.

[By the way, italics are Aera's thoughts. Bolds are for character info. Underlines will be used as necessary. Brackets are for OOC info.

Respond with your choice and commentary if you wish. I hope you like it. I'll try to update once a day if there are enough votes.]
Back to top Go down
Stuff
Nefnee's New BFF
Stuff

Number of posts : 1532
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon CYOA: Saffron Beginnings   Pokemon CYOA: Saffron Beginnings Icon_minitime12/30/2008, 2:30 pm

I say A!
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Admin
Alice Cullen

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon CYOA: Saffron Beginnings   Pokemon CYOA: Saffron Beginnings Icon_minitime12/30/2008, 6:31 pm

I vote B!
Back to top Go down
http://thevolturitoldmeto.twilight-vampire.com/forum.htm
Stuff
Nefnee's New BFF
Stuff

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon CYOA: Saffron Beginnings   Pokemon CYOA: Saffron Beginnings Icon_minitime12/30/2008, 6:38 pm

You whore! *smack*
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Admin
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon CYOA: Saffron Beginnings   Pokemon CYOA: Saffron Beginnings Icon_minitime12/30/2008, 6:48 pm

You bitch! -smacks back-
Back to top Go down
AzurEmerald
Lari's New BFF XD

Number of posts : 794
Location : Waiting to take the burden off. It's always better to share things with another.
Registration date : 2008-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon CYOA: Saffron Beginnings   Pokemon CYOA: Saffron Beginnings Icon_minitime12/31/2008, 7:22 am

[I was hoping for at least one more vote, but I guess that I'll just go ahead with it how it is. {i.e, it's 3am, I woke up around half an hour ago, and I have nothing better to do than this.} If there's a dispute, I'll always be the tiebreaker. It makes up for the fact that I can't vote normally, I suppose.

I'm sorry that it's so long. I couldn't think of a quicker way to end it without making it seem extremely rushed. Maybe the abnormal sleep schedule's messing with my head. //_x]

B. Go with her mother to New Bark Town

"New Bark Town."

"What?"

"New Bark Town. I want to go to Johto.", Aera said. She looked at her parents. She got the feeling that her dad was disappointed, but it is what she wanted to do. "I've been all around Kanto with you guys, but I know hardly anything of Johto. I've only been as far as Ecruteak. I want to see everything else."

"Oh." Her parents looked at each other. Her dad replied, "The plan was for you to get your pokemon and come back here. You could spend a few weeks here getting comfortable with it before we took you to the gyms."

"What?!? Just a few minutes ago you said that I was 'finally ready to take care of myself'."

Her father said, "Still, honey, we-"

Aera cut him off. "Both of you got your own when you were eleven. I'm already five years behind you. You learned as you went along, why can't I? I've been waiting years for this."

Aera's mother sighed. "I guess that we just don't want you to leave yet. We're sorry." She stood up and gave Aera a tight hug. "You're right. We can't stop you any longer."

Her father stood up and joined in the group hug. "I'll see you soon, honey. Don't forget to call."

Aera said, "You're leaving already?"

"I have to. I'm late as it is. I had to be at Viridian City fifteen minutes ago."

He grabbed his coat and his computer case. His pokeballs were already on his belt. He went over to the door and opened it.

"Okay, then. Good luck. Don't lose to anyone today!"

"I won't. Call later. I want to know which pokemon you got." He stepped out of the door and closed it. Aera could see him walking off to one of the side exits of Saffron. Well. This is the last time I'll see him for a while, isn't it?

Aera turned to her mother. "How about you? Shouldn't you be at work right now?"

"I took the day off. The radio station won't fail without me there for a day. Sadly, the Viridian gym would fail if your father weren't there, which is why he couldn't do the same.", her mother said, "Go upstairs and pack everything. I'll get your breakfast ready."

Aera nodded and ran upstairs. She gathered a few changes of clothing, some books, and some phone numbers to put into the Pokegear for later and put them all in a backpack. She hooked the Pokegear onto her belt put the Pokedex into a pocket of hers. She went back downstairs and found a full breakfast ready for her.

Once she finished, her mother asked, "We're ready now, right? Nothing else to do?"

"Yeah. Let's go."

Aera gathered all of her stuff together and went out of the door. She walked out onto the sidewalk while her mother locked the door.

A voice came out of nowhere, saying, "WATCH OUT!"

Aera turned around and a person slammed into her. They both fell to the ground. The wind was knocked out of Aera and lights played around in her eyes. The person's full weight was on her; she ended up on the bottom of their little tower.

"Ow, ow, ow. I'm sorry for that."

The person stood up and offered her a hand.

"Well, that's an interesting way of meeting someone. I guess that I still don't have a hang of these stupid roller skates. What's your name?"

Aera studied the person carefully. "Aera. And you?"

[Well, here is where it stops. Choose the new character's name and gender and put it in your next post.]
Back to top Go down
Alice Cullen
Admin
Alice Cullen

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon CYOA: Saffron Beginnings   Pokemon CYOA: Saffron Beginnings Icon_minitime12/31/2008, 7:49 pm

Phyllis "Phil" The Lesbian Nurse, female.
Back to top Go down
AnotherBrickInTheFace
OMG you're AMAZING
AnotherBrickInTheFace

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon CYOA: Saffron Beginnings   Pokemon CYOA: Saffron Beginnings Icon_minitime12/31/2008, 9:34 pm

Takamoogoo, the magical Martian pharaoh/hippie man alien farao afro
Back to top Go down
http://www.thoughts.com/socraticjerk
Stuff
Nefnee's New BFF
Stuff

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon CYOA: Saffron Beginnings   Pokemon CYOA: Saffron Beginnings Icon_minitime12/31/2008, 9:34 pm

Phil, MALE so it's even
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon CYOA: Saffron Beginnings   Pokemon CYOA: Saffron Beginnings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon CYOA: Saffron Beginnings
Page 1 of 1