The Box Of Random String
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Box Of Random String

A forum for nerds/geeks/dorks/Dorkface McSpazatrons/whatever you are to talk and be awesomely random.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Whispers In The Dark (Avatar RP)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Charli
Fire Breathing Rubber Ducky of Awesomness
Charli

Number of posts : 667
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Whispers In The Dark (Avatar RP) Empty
PostSubject: Whispers In The Dark (Avatar RP)   Whispers In The Dark (Avatar RP) Icon_minitime9/3/2008, 4:48 pm

Rules:
1.) Follow all Nerd and Geeks forum rules.
2.) Don't kill anyone. If you really want to, PM me. I'll think it over, and probably say no. If I decide yes, I'll PM the person about to die with a heads up and explanation and wait for their reply before giving you the go ahead. That doesn't mean a character is guaranteed to die. They will still have a fighting chance (unless they're being assassinated in their sleep or something).
3.) Be literate, and for this thread, try for a three sentence minimum. We all need to be on the same page. But, conversely...
4.) No god-modding. If the person before you posts that they're sneaking up on you about to kill you, please don't suddenly be ready for battle.
5.) If you're going to carry on a conversation out of character, (OOC: Do it like this at the top of your post.) or take it to another topic.

Characters:
Whether you're playing cannon (in the series) or original characters, PM me with a character description to approve. I don't want random characters popping up everywhere. Along with my original character, I'll be playing the cannon characters until someone wants one. If you play a cannon character, you had better play them like the real thing and not how you wish they were. Minor NPCs (shopkeepers, bartender with helpful tips) can be played by anyone, but if they start to become major characters, PM me the character description. I'm not going to let any one person play both characters in a cannon couple because that's just not fair. Likewise, I will keep any couples that the series ended with while I'm playing them both. Once, they're played by different people, if those people want them to break up, fantastic. If you're playing more than one character, please only play one per post and say at the top of the post which character the post is for. Separating them makes it easier to keep track of points of view. Also, the Avatar world is based off of Ancient China, so please keep things authentic-ish. Surnames for before given names, no one wears jeans, no guns, etc. One more thing, AANG IS THE ONLY AVATAR. Everyone else needs to pick either just one element or none, and no, you can't be that freak who was the only Firebender in your little Water village.
Original Characters:
Tu Zhen - Charli
Ling Xue - Nefnee

Last edited by Charli on 9/6/2008, 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Charli
Charli

PostSubject: Re: Whispers In The Dark (Avatar RP)   Whispers In The Dark (Avatar RP) Icon_minitime9/3/2008, 5:41 pm

Zhen laced her finders behind her back as she half skipped through the central Earth village's vibrant market. The early spring air was crisp and bright with the mid morning sun, and a light breeze pushed the few locks of raver hair that had strayed out of her spiky bun back from her face. She wore simple black pants and a black silk dress over them, slits in the side running up to her hips, but no one paid her any special attention. Since the war had ended, people of all nationalities had traveled the world freely. Sure, there were still a few who held grudges, but most were simply too relieved that the fighting was over to be angry.
A booth selling instruments caught Zhen's attention, and her golden eyes widened with excitement. Laid carefully on the felt was a flute fashioned from a single piece of bamboo and intricately carved with writhing dragons. Expertly, Zhen picked it up and played a short melody, the clear sound complimenting the bustle of the crowded street. Unable to keep from smiling, she eagerly paid the small price for the simple instrument and was about to turn away when the woman manning the booth stopped her.
"Wait," she said. "I know that necklace!"
Instinctively, Zhen reached up to touch the white marble lotus set in the broad black silk choker. "It was my mother's."
The woman looked up to Zhen's face now, and gave a small gasp. "Of course. You're the spitting image of Tu Song!"
Zhen turned back to give the conversation her full attention. "You knew my mother?"
Smiling, the merchant nodded. "I met her near Ba Sing Se. Bandits were trying to rob me and my caravan, and Song rescued us. We were so thankful that we invited her to travel with us, and she did for a few months. I remember she spoke of her two daughters. You must be the younger. Zhen?"
"Yes," Zhen answered, her polite smile growing strained. It had been ten years since Zhen had last seen her mother, and it was strange to hear these tales of adventure. Song had only ever told Zhen of the places she'd traveled, never of the people. "Excuse me, I still have to find an inn with room for me. I've been traveling since sundown yesterday, and I'm tired." Before the woman could, Zhen pivoted on her heel and practically fled, the morning air suddenly seeming very cold.
Awful memories had come rushing back. Zhen had been only seven when her father had permanently locked her mother into the castle and eight when the courtyard had been painted red and Zhen had been locked away in that god awful tower to keep her from following in Song's footsteps. Taking a deep breath, Zhen pushed her thoughts to the side and entered the first inn she found. A few people sat around the main room, finishing up breakfast, and the owner stood behind the bar that ran the length of the south wall on Zhen's left. With a deceptively relaxed smile, Zhen approached him. "Good morning, sir. I'd like a room."
The man nodded gruffly. "Name?"
"Tu Zhen."
At this, the man set down the rag he had been cleaning the counter with and glared incredulously. "Tu? As in the daughter of General Tu Khan?"
Zhen knew where this was going, but she wasn't going to back down after the night she'd had. "Unfortunately. Please, sir, I'm very tired, and I would just like a room."
"I don't have any rooms for Phoenix King loving scum like you," he growled, and Zhen bristled.
"How dare you judge me!" she snarled. "You don't know the first thing about me. You know what? I don't even want a room from a cruel, prejudiced man like you, anyway!" As she stalked away, she couldn't keep from muttering to herself, "Sour grapes much?"
Back to top Go down
Stuff
Nefnee's New BFF
Stuff

Number of posts : 1532
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Whispers In The Dark (Avatar RP)   Whispers In The Dark (Avatar RP) Icon_minitime9/11/2008, 9:17 pm

(OOC: Don't get mad, I've never done this before.)

Xue dropped the rag on the side of the bucket and wiped her forehead. She triumphantly admired the clean floor in front of her and turned to search for the boss.
"HEY! I just cleaned that!" she yelled at the young man walking away from her. He looked at her, still walking, and speechless at the strange girl. He ran right into an opening door, and fell backwards. As he pushed himself back up, his hands slipped on the dirt he tracked, and he knocked his head on the floor. The person behind the door looked at him, then Xue, then back at him, and scurried away.

Xue plopped a small pouch on the desk in front of her and watched the boss count coins into it.
"You do an okay job. I might have you back," he said gruffly. Xue noticed that he wasn't as nice as he was when she came in earlier.
"Thanks, but you wouldn't know where to reach me. I travel a lot." With that she picked her pouch back up and walked out the front door of the Inn.
Back to top Go down
Charli
Charli

PostSubject: Re: Whispers In The Dark (Avatar RP)   Whispers In The Dark (Avatar RP) Icon_minitime9/13/2008, 8:57 pm

(OOC: Try adding some more physical descriptions.)

Zhen saw the girl leave the inn from across the street and even from that distance could see the slightly baffled look on the her face. She wondered if the stranger had been turned away by the innkeeper like she had, but just then a lemur flew past, centimeters from her face. "What the -" she spluttered, quickly catching the animal by the tail and grabbing the boy chasing after it. "What do you think you're doing?"
"Oh, sorry," the boy laughed sheepishly as the lemur landed on his shoulder. "I don't know why, but Momo just flew off. I'm Aang, by the way."
Of course he was. Zhen took in his Air Nomad clothing and tattoos, and there was no denying that he was the Avatar. But that didn't mean he was getting any special treatment from her. "Keep your pet under control," she glared, brandishing a threatening finger in his face.
"Is there a problem here?" a rough voice asked.
Zhen turned to look at the newcomers and almost laughed aloud. The entirety of Team Avatar was here, the Water Tribe siblings, the Earthbender. It was the Fire Lord who had spoken, though, and it was the Fire Lord who looked ready to burn her should she do more than threaten Aang. But really, if she was going to ignore the Avatar's clout, was she really going to show Fire Lord Zuko the respect he probably deserved?
"Yes, actually," Zhen smiled, "there is a problem. That flying rat nearly took my nose off. I'm half tempted to suggest to the mayor to implement a leash law." She really didn't mean any of it, but right now, facing prospect of sleeping in a tree because there was no room for her in the inn, she didn't feel like playing nice. "But, I'll be taking my leave now. Good bye, Avatar, Fire Lord," she nodded curtly before turning and heading towards the outskirts of town.
Back to top Go down
Stuff
Nefnee's New BFF
Stuff

Number of posts : 1532
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Whispers In The Dark (Avatar RP)   Whispers In The Dark (Avatar RP) Icon_minitime9/14/2008, 12:32 am

Xue watched the girl stalk off with an eyebrow raised. How could a person be so rude to that poor boy and barely notice the Fire Lord? Looking back at Team Avatar she noticed Fire Lord Zuko glance at her with the fierce look still on his face. She quickly looked away and started off in the direction of the strange girl. Her swift walk was stopped by a flying animal trying to get her hat, but instead pulling her short, dark hair, and making her squeal and step on the young monk's foot.
"Ouch! No it's okay... Momo! What is wrong with you today?" the boy grabbed his monkey-like thing and backed off as if Xue would burst at him like the other girl did. "I'm really sorry, he's acting weird late-"
"No it's fine." Xue said quickly, not wanting to come in contact with Zuko. She turned to walk, or run away.
"I'm Aang..." Xue stopped. "...by the way." She was unable to be rude. She looked up at Aang's dark eyes, noticing that 'up' wasn't the right word for it, because she was about a foot taller than him. So she looked over at him. Really she was a tall person to begin with.
"Xue... Ling Xue." Aang smiled.
"This is Katara, and her brother Sokka, and Toph, and Zuk- well Prince, no Fire Lord Zuko!" Zuko pinched the bridge of his nose.
"Fire Lord," Xue said quietly.
"Fire Lord doesn't exactly roll of the tongue now, does it?" Toph exclaimed at the ground.
"Well love to stay and chat but we have some supplies to get, don't we?" Katara nudged Aang.
"We can't just ditch our new friend. Sorry but I'm getting just a little tired of looking at the same people all the time," Sokka said, crossing his arms. Katara glared at him.
"Well, if you don't have anything planned today, you can tag along if you want. We're just gonna shop today and stuff..." Aang looked at Katara to see, but not notice, a glare of anger and jealousy. Zuko kept seeing Xue's blue eyes strike glances at him.
"I guess if I have nothing better to do then-"
"You can just call me Zuko," Zuko said, hoping it would make Xue act less uneasy.
"Okay... Zuko." Xue looked at him out of the corner of her eye.
"C'mon!" Katara grabbed Aang's arm and trudged away, forcing the others to follow. Xue looked back hoping to find the strange girl that was so mean to Aang, but saw that she was really gone and was probably far away by now at the speed she left.
Back to top Go down
Charli
Charli

PostSubject: Re: Whispers In The Dark (Avatar RP)   Whispers In The Dark (Avatar RP) Icon_minitime9/15/2008, 7:24 pm

It was early afternoon. Zhen had walked in circles in the forest around the town for a few hours, simply composing herself, before sitting to rest on the bank of a stream. The water had been cool, the moderate current soothing Zhen's calloused traveler's feet. But by and by her stomach had begun to rumble, and since she probably wasn't going to be able to get food at the inn in town, the only place even closely resembling a restaurant, she had to hunt. So she had pulled her shoes back on and set off.
Now, after two hours of circling again, she hadn't found any food. Her mood hadn't improved any from earlier, and her feet were hurting again. Still, she trudged. And that was when she heard it, a squeal. It was small and weak, but it was living. And all living animals were fair game when Zhen was this hungry. Silently, she crept forward, using the trees and shadows as cover, drawing nearer to where she had heard the sound. She had to stop, though, when she reached the slight clearing. Stop. Hah. She fell to her knees. Before her was a huge carcass - beheaded, skinned, and butchered. The smell of death that hung heavily in the air was so heavy that she had to actually cover her nose and mouth with one hand. And then, under one massive front leg, something moved and squeaked again.
All thoughts of food gone, Zhen rushed forward and dropped back to her knees, lifting the heavy limb off of the small creature. It's brown fur was matted with blood, and Zhen almost didn't recognize it for what it was, a sabre-toothed-moose-lion cub, no doubt the offspring of the dead monstrosity. The cub was injured as well, two deep gashes running between its shoulder blades, and it was obvious that it would bleed to death if something wasn't done. Gagging from the stench, Zhen reached for him only to be bit on the hand for her trouble. She gasped through clenched teeth, but forced herself to stay calm and relaxed for the animal's sake. Slowly, she slipped her hand under his stomach and lifted him away from the corpse, inciting several small squeals of pain from him. There was nothing that could be used as bandages, so Zhen did the next best thing. Taking a deep breath, she heated her hand and used her Bending to cauterize the cub's wounds. He screamed but didn't bite as if he knew Zhen was trying to help. When she had finished, he curled up in her arms and shuddered before falling asleep. "Ryume," Zhen breathed, cradling him. "That's your name. Little dragon."
He wasn't dying anymore, but the injury would kill him eventually unless something was done. But Zhen had already done everything she could for an injury like this. She couldn't let Ryume die, but what could she do otherwise. Then she remembered. The Avatar was in town. At least he had been that morning. Ryume's only chance was that the Waterbender - Katara? - was still there. And that Zhen could swallow her pride and beg for help.
Zhen didn't have to think long before standing and racing towards the village.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whispers In The Dark (Avatar RP)   Whispers In The Dark (Avatar RP) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whispers In The Dark (Avatar RP)
Page 1 of 1